AgriFutures Australia is seeking up to 10 stakeholders from our levied and emerging industries, as well as our Producer Technology Uptake Program (PTUP), to be a part of our first grow AG. Innovation Immersion Tour to the United States from Saturday, 17 June to Friday, 30 June 2023.
AgriFutures Australia are looking for Australian agricultural producers or related representatives (e.g. grower groups, industry representatives and those facilitating innovation and adoption on farms and businesses) to be a part of this exciting opportunity. Priority will be given to stakeholders from AgriFutures levied and emerging industries.
What is included?
The growAG. Innovation Immersion Tour will provide an opportunity for participants to be absorbed in global agrifood technology, share Australian challenges and perspectives, scout and adopt potential solutions for Australia, and bring key learnings back to Australia.
The growAG. Innovation Immersion Tour includes a trip to the United States to attend:
- The 2023 Salinas Biological Summit on 20-21 June 2023 in Salinas, California to deepen knowledge and understanding of globally applied biological solutions
- A two-day field trip to Central Valley, California to meet major growers of stone fruit, grapes (table and wine), nuts and other hort products
- A four-day field trip to Des Moines, Iowa and Manhattan, Kansas including a tour of farms and farm trials, meetings with technology scaleups, networking events with local agricultural and innovation leaders, corporates, investors, government, researchers and industry partners across the agritech spectrum.
You can view the full program here.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Available to participate in the full Immersion Tour, including travel to and from the US on the specified dates
- An Australian agricultural producer or related representative (e.g. grower groups, industry representatives and those facilitating innovation and adoption on farms and businesses) – preferably from AgriFutures levied and emerging industries
- Able to arrange and pay for appropriate international travel insurance, passport and US visa
- Able to contribute $2,000 towards the cost of the Immersion Tour prior to departure
- Able to provide a report to the AgriFutures Board at the December Board meeting and to their industry to share key learnings.
The full terms and conditions associated with the growAG. Innovation Immersion Tour can be found here.
AgriFutures Australia invite those who are keen to innovate, create impact and make a difference in our industries to submit an application. Be quick – positions are strictly limited.
To submit your application or to find out more please go to the “apply now” button below.
Applications close Wednesday, 26 April 2023 11.59pm AEST